Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Worth...

Something I read that resonated deep within and thought I'd share. For anyone that struggles with self worth as I often do...this is our hope....
"Let's acknowledge that worth is not contingent upon the opinions of human judges who are driven by their own insecure or selfish motives. Worth is a graver matter than that, and its presence in a person's life is to be left in the hands of the one who gives life, God himself."
Les Carter, People Pleasers

2 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Wow, those are powerful words. How many times I have found myself bound to those feelings of worthlessness "from the words or actions of those ""human judges" who ARE driven by their own insecure and selfish motives."

At times I feel like my own cheerleader in truly believing that pleasing God is all that really matters.

Caryn said...

Love it! I think we all suffer from worthlessness sometimes. Bottom line...Jesus thought we were worth something. He died for us. Love you sweet one.